If you not in a hurry to sell your handbag or if you do not wish to sell your handbag directly to The Trunk, you have the option to consign your handbag. When consigning your handbag, you, the consigner, decides on the selling price and then pays a set commission to The Trunk per handbag consigned.
The Consignment Process:
Send us your details
Complete the contact form below and wait for a reply to the email address you have supplied. If you have not received a response within 48 hours, please resubmit the online form.
Send us your photos
Send photos of your handbag to the address contained in the email response to your contact form. Please include photos of the handles, bottom and inside of the handbag.
Having original boxes, dust bags and authenticity tags can increase the demand for the handbag and price at which The Trunk can sell your handbag, so please be sure to include photographs of these if you have them.
Wait for us to send you an estimated selling price
We will send you a suggested selling price that you should consider selling your handbag for on The Trunk’s website. When evaluating, The Trunk considers the age, condition and popularity/demand of the handbag, and other various other factors, in determining a reasonable selling price for your handbag. While the selling price is ultimately at the discretion of the consigner, we encourage you to take our estimated price into account when setting your final selling price.
Ship your handbag to us
The Trunk will communicate with you via email regarding the shipping of your handbag. Shipping of your handbag to The Trunk is at your own expense. We recommend using a courier as the handbag is less likely to get damaged.
Our handling of your handbag
Once we have received and authenticated your handbag, we will photograph it and it will be displayed on our website. Before your handbag is photographed, we require you pay a listing fee of R800 to be paid into The Trunk’s account. This fee is non-refundable irrespective of whether your handbag is sold or not.
The consigner will be informed about when their handbag is listed on the website.
We send it back
If the consigner wishes to remain in possession of the handbag for the period during which the handbag is available for sale on The Trunk’s website, we are able to send the handbag back once it has been processed and photographed.
The shipping costs will be borne by the consigner.
Alternatively, The Trunk is willing to keep the handbag in storage at our premises.
Our free advertising
Once we have received the listing fee and have photographed the handbag, we will run a complementary Facebook advert for you. This advert will focus solely on your handbag.
When your handbag is sold
If the consigner is in possession of the handbag when it is sold, we will require you to send it to us within 48 hours.
The Trunk will thoroughly examine the handbag upon receiving it to confirm that the handbag is in the same condition as depicted in photographs on the website.
After the 7-day return period for the buyer has lapsed, the money will be paid into your account. This process could take up to 10 days from when The Trunk receives the handbag.
• The Trunk charges 30% commission on your listed selling price.
• The Trunk will only offer consignment on bags with an estimated selling price above R10 000. Please note that this is based on The Trunk’s estimated selling price.
• The Trunk will keep your consigned handbag for sale on our website for a maximum of 5 months. After 5 months, the consigner will be contacted to confirm whether they would like to reduce the selling price of the handbag or no longer wish to sell the handbag. Please note that in the event of the handbag not being sold within 5 months, the listing fee is non-refundable.
• The handbag remains the property of the consigner until the handbag is sold.
• The consigner is entitled to remain in possession of the handbag for the period during which the handbag is available for sale on The Trunk’s website. If the consigner wishes, we are able to send the handbag back once it has been processed and photographed. The shipping costs will be borne by the consigner.
• The Trunk will thoroughly examine the handbag upon receiving it to confirm that the handbag is in the same condition as depicted in photographs on the website.